Dario's GLP-1 Solution FAQs
Dario supports members who are taking GLP-1 or other weight loss drugs in our weight management program, which is part of our cardiometabolic product.
Our GLP-1 solution combines Dario’s personalized behavior change approach with a set of tools designed to support members using GLP-1 or anti-obesity medication to help them adopt healthier habits that result in sustained outcomes.
Dario’s focus will be on educating members, identifying their underlying motivators or obstacles to losing weight, and helping them form healthy habits that complement the usage of GLP-1.
Dario helps people manage their weight by providing:
- A connected scale that makes it easy and simple for a member to collect their data and monitor their progress.
- Mini programs that offer education and tips on medication, nutrition, exercise, and emotional health that are important for any weight loss journey.
- Digital and human coaching to identify motivators and behaviors to reach and maintain weight loss goals.
- Medication adherence tools to track and set reminders.
What is Dario’s GLP-1 solution?
Dario’s GLP-1 solution is part of Dario’s weight management program built on a foundation of clinical protocols and behavior change approaches. A special set of tools include:
- Education on GLP-1 medications
- Coaching conversations to identify the underlying motivations to lose weight and the role of medications in their journey if applicable
- Medication adherence tool to track and set up reminders
- Mini programs on nutrition, exercise, and other healthy habits that complement a weight loss journey assisted by GLP-1 medication
Does Dario prescribe medications?
Our goal is to support the medication treatment plan as determined by a member's physician. We provide education, digital and human coaching, as well as medication adherence tools.
Can Dario’s program be used to support prior authorization or STEP therapy?
We can support based on client requirements.
Do members need to qualify for the GLP-1 solution?
The GLP-1 solution is available as part of Dario’s cardiometabolic offering which includes weight management, diabetes, and hypertension.
Members do not need to qualify for the GLP-1 solution.
Can a member use another service and still use Dario? (i.e., Calibrate, Weight Watchers)
Yes. Dario’s programs are complementary to other services that a member may already be using.
What does Dario’s GLP-1 solution cost?
Dario’s GLP-1 solution is part of our cardiometabolic offering and there is no additional cost on top of that.
How does the GLP-1 solution integrate with Dario’s other chronic condition management solutions?
The GLP-1 solution will be available for members using Dario’s cardiometabolic offering designed for those managing diabetes, weight, and hypertension.
Dario’s behavioral health product is also integrated into our platform which plays an important role in forming and maintaining habits for weight loss.
Dario is proud to have an 80% retention rate after year one.
The company’s user-centric approach translates into members who use the program long-term.
While Dario does offer one-on-one coaching and see the value in human support, our focus is on arming people with the tools to help themselves.
Let us show you the Dario difference.